By Neo4j Staff | April 5, 2011
We are pleased to announce that the first release candidate (1.0.0.RC1) of the Spring Data Graph project with Neo4j support is available.
This will probably be the last step before the 1.0 release of the library. Its goal is to allow Java and Spring developers to get up and running quickly with the Neo4j graph database.
Spring Data Graph comes with a annotation based, domain object mapping layer that leverages AspectJ to provide transparent POJO – graph – mapping. This mapping layer fully supports nodes and relationships to be represented as Java domain objects and includes a composable repository infrastructure. It also integrates with the Neo4j-REST server.
Secondly Spring Data Graph also provides a Neo4jTemplate for the convenient use of the well known Spring Template programming approach.
The configuration effort is reduced by using Spring Java Config or the existing namespace configuration.
Update: The tutorial web application that is discussed in detail in the guidebook is now available at http://cineasts.net. Feel free to checkt it out, register, search for movies and rate them and see your friends recommendations.
Please get back with any feedback you have.
Thanks to the team at VMware and our guys for the great work.
Special thanks to Alfredas Chmieliauskas who used SDG in an impressive Energy Market Simulation and gave us valueable insights and feedback.
We’re looking forward your feedback for this Release Candiate.
Please check out the following resources:
- Register for the SpringSource Spring Data Graph Webinar with Emil Eifrem (CEO Neo Technology):
- Spring Data Graph Guidebook: http://bit.ly/sdg-book
- Github repository (http://bit.ly/sdg-repo)
- Examples (http://bit.ly/sdg-ex)
- Spring Data Project page
- API Documentation
- Official Release Announcement
Keywords: spring data neo4j
- Spring Data Neo4j Progress Update: SDN 3 & Neo4j 2
- Neo4j at SpringOne 2GX 2012 in Washington, DC
- Using (Spring Data) Neo4j for the Hubway Data Challenge
- Spring onto Heroku
- Domain Modeling With Spring Data Neo4j
Popular Graph Topics
- graphdb (34)
- release (29)
- community (23)
- cypher (21)
- graphconnect (12)
- nosql (11)
- milestone (10)
- neo4j (9)
- visualization (8)
- graphgist (8)