Chapter 26. High Availability
Table of Contents
- 26.1. Architecture
- 26.2. HA Setup and configuration
- 26.3. How Neo4j HA operates
- 26.4. Arbiter Instances
- 26.5. Upgrade of a Neo4j HA Cluster
- 26.6. High Availability setup tutorial
- 26.7. REST endpoint for HA status information
- 26.8. Setting up HAProxy as a load balancer
The High Availability features are only available in the Neo4j Enterprise Edition.
Neo4j High Availability or “Neo4j HA” provides the following two main features:
- It enables a fault-tolerant database architecture, where several Neo4j slave databases can be configured to be exact replicas of a single Neo4j master database. This allows the end-user system to be fully functional and both read and write to the database in the event of hardware failure.
- It enables a horizontally scaling read-mostly architecture that enables the system to handle more read load than a single Neo4j database instance can handle.