7.1.4. Native user and role management
This section describes native user and role management in Neo4j.
For managing native users, Neo4j offers additional actions for an administrator:
- View all users and roles (including viewing all roles for a user and viewing all users for a role)
- Create and delete any other user
- Assign and remove a role from a user
- Create and delete a custom-defined role
- Suspend and activate any other user
- Change the password for any user
When an administrator suspends or deletes another user, the following rules apply:
- Administrators can suspend or delete any other user (including other administrators), but not themselves
- Deleting a user terminates all of the user’s running queries and sessions
- All queries currently running for the deleted user are rolled back
- The user will no longer be able to log back in (until re-activated by an administrator if suspended)
- There is no need to remove assigned roles from a user prior to deleting the user.
The section describes the following: