neo4j — Neo4j Server control
Neo4j is a graph database, perfect for working with highly connected data.
neo4j command is used to control the Neo4j Server.
The preferred way to install Neo4j on Linux systems is by using prebuilt installation packages, but there’s also the possibility to use the
neo4j-installer command to install or remove it as a system service.
For information regarding Windows, see below.
Start the server as an application, running as a foreground process. Stop the server using
- Start server as daemon, running as a background process.
- Stops a running daemonized server.
- Restarts the server.
- Current running state of the server.
- Displays configuration information, such as the current NEO4J_HOME and CLASSPATH.
Usage - Windows
Double-clicking on the Neo4j.bat script will start the server in a console.
To quit, just press
control-C in the console window.
For installing the Neo4j Server as a service, use the
Neo4j.bat start - will start the Neo4j service
- will start the Neo4j service if installed or a console
- session otherwise.
- Neo4j.bat stop - stop the Neo4j service if running
- Neo4j.bat restart - restart the Neo4j service if installed
Neo4j.bat status - report on the status of the Neo4j service
- returns RUNNING, STOPPED or NOT INSTALLED
- Server configuration.
- Configuration for service wrapper.
- Tuning configuration for the database.