To Apply: ALL APPLICANTS must submit a CV or RESUME and COVER LETTER on LinkedIn. View job on Linkedin
Location: All of US, but preferably NYC/ North East, position is remote.
Neo4j is the world’s leading graph database and our Consultants are the people that help customers realize its value every day. We have proven to be the go-to solution in Use cases such as Fraud Detection, Recommendations Engine, Identity Access Management, IT Management and Operations, Master Data Management and much more.
In the Neo Technology Consulting team, we are hands-on technologists directly engaged with customers who enjoy working in a variety of industries, solutions, and architectures. We provide engineering leadership and development for the Neo4j-based solutions our customers are building.
In addition to being Graph Database experts, our Consultants stay hands-on with many other architectural components in our customers’ stack, such as other Big Data and NoSQL solutions, relational databases, caching services, messaging and access layer tools, and various frameworks. Our Consultants truly are the experts that help our customers deploy high-quality solutions.
This position will report into the Regional/Global PS Director.As a Senior Technical Consultant, you’ll get to do the following:
- Working with our customer’s engineering teams, you’ll lead and contribute to all phases of the Neo4j implementation within their projects.
- Act as the Technical Subject Matter expert for short to long-term consulting engagements where you’ll write code, provide expert advice and guidance, train and educate, and help prepare deployments for production rollout.
- Develop solution architectures that address the technical requirements of our customer’s projects.
- Design and build prototype solutions that demonstrate required functionality with Neo4j.
- Help prepare solution proposals for our customer’s engineering and management teams that help address the overall project goals.
- Extensive experience with database technologies and data modeling concepts, preferably with one of the leading Big Data Database/Analytics Vendors
- Knowledgeable in J2EE/J2SE, Java Script, Docker
- Ability to engage and interact with engineers in an advisory role
- Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies and development languages as needed
- Passionate about solving technical problems
- Capable of educating and training small groups
- Great listening skills and attention to detail
- Industry vertical experience in Financial Services or Retail
- 3+ years Graph DB related experience i.e. Neo4j, OrientDB, TitanDB or similar
- Couchbase, Mongo, Marklogic, Teradata knowledge
- Blueprints, Docker expertise
- Visualization (D3, Sigma.js, Linkurious, Sawyer) expertise
- Proficiency in PS Bid management, creating PS proposals and Statement of Work (SoW)
- Familiarity with development methodologies like Agile
- Bachelor degree required
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross functional organization
- 5+ years working in a consultative capacity in a Professional Services Organization
- Able to travel 50% of the time