UX Designer – Malmö, SwedenTo Apply: ALL APPLICANTS can submit a CV or RESUME and COVER LETTER directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Since the beginnings of Neo4j, the graph has been the visible face of our product. We tell our users to draw a graph of how they see the world on a whiteboard: circles and arrows. Neo4j lets them store and query using the same intuitive graph model – no mismatch with the technology and no translation required.
Our design team is building on this visual use of graphs: we use them as the primary interface to our software. We want our users to explore the structure of their and interact directly with nodes and relationships. This kind of challenge is unusual compared to most UX roles: we are not making web applications with a standard set of controls and interactions, but breaking new ground and inventing new solutions.
This is the job for you if you want to build something unusual, distinctive and highly referenceable. You will join our recently formed design team and work with top-notch software engineers in our smart offices in Malmö, Sweden.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Designing flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Contributing to high-level strategic decisions with the product team
- Giving and soliciting feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partnering with Product Managers and engineers, (researchers and content strategists) to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- A URL featuring examples of your interaction design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
And ideally you’ll also have:
- 2+ years of application design
- Some experience with front-end programming
- Experience designing for groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localisation, touch- friendly interactions, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc)
Experience with our tools and technologies would also be helpful:
- Design tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, OmniGraffle. Pixelmator
- Prototyping tools:: InVision, Framer, Marvel