By Neo4j Staff | October 22, 2014
Interest in GraphConnect Conference Maps to Significant Company Momentum and Demand for Neo4j Graph Database
SAN MATEO, Calif. – October 22, 2014 – Neo Technology, creators of Neo4j, the world’s leading graph database, today kicked off its annual GraphConnect conference in San Francisco, expecting to draw a record 700 graph thought leaders, researchers and developers from around the globe. This sold out conference will feature presenters from Neo Technology, eBay, CrunchBase, Pitney Bowes and others, representing a variety of verticals, industries and use cases. Growing interest in GraphConnect directly maps to Neo Technology’s significant momentum and increasing demand for high performance databases that can scale to meet the needs of today’s enterprise applications.
Continued Product Innovation and Domination
“Over the past year we’ve experienced tremendous growth in all aspects of our business—both in the US and internationally,” said Emil Eifrem, CEO of Neo Technology. “We continue to enhance our Neo4j product, add new enterprise customers to our client roster, and grow our community with record number of downloads and deeper engagement. Our strong momentum—and record turnout for GraphConnect 2014—speaks to the explosive demand for Neo4j as the use cases for graph databases continues to broaden and accelerate.”
Neo4j, a robust, flexible and scalable graph database, is the industry’s only database capable of solving the complex, connected data challenges that enterprise application developers face today. Neo4j is also designed to ease graph database adoption for organizations with massive amounts of data in relational databases. The technology makes it easier than ever for enterprises to unlock the hidden value of their data with the ability to leverage millions of connections.
According to leading analyst firm Gartner, “Graph analysis is possibly the single most effective competitive differentiator for organizations pursuing data-driven operations and decisions after the design of data capture.”
Today Neo Technology clients comprise more than 50 global 2000 companies including an impressive list of enterprise companies such as Accenture, Cisco, HP, Advent Software, Serena Software, Pitney Bowes, Tre, Telenor, CenturyLink, UBS, Nomura Holdings, ADP, Thomson Reuters, eBay, Walmart, Scripps Networks, Leo Burnett, CrunchBase, Gamesys, Polyvore, Medium, Elementum and FiftyThree. These customers demonstrate that as the world of data explodes in volume and complexity, more and more companies are bringing on trusted, “enterprise ready” tools like Neo4j to handle their complex, ever-changing data.
“Neo4j helps us to understand our online shoppers’ behavior and the relationship between our customers and products, providing a perfect tool for real-time product recommendations. As the current market leader in graph databases, and with enterprise features for scalability and availability, Neo4j is the right choice to meet our demands,” said Marcos Wada, Software Developer at Walmart.
Growth metrics over the past year include:
Demonstrated Leadership in Graph Database Adoption
- Neo4j is the world’s leading graph database with the largest ecosystem of partners and tens of thousands of successful deployments.
- Company is recognized for impressive leadership and software innovation with industry accolades such as being named a Cool Vendor in DBMS, 2014 by Gartner, inclusion in the 2014 Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems, being listed among the ‘Who’s Who in NoSQL DBMSs’ by Gartner,, ‘10 Companies and Technologies to Watch in 2013’ by Robin Bloor of the Bloor Group, and others.
- Leading analyst mentions include Neo Technology – The Rise of the Graph Database by Robin Bloor of the Bloor Group, No NoSQL: Neo’s GraphConnect shows graph databases coming into their own by Matt Aslett of 451 Research.
- Award recognizations include 2014 and 2013 winner of “InfoWorld Technology of the Year,” 2014 and 2013 winner of the “InfoWorld Bossie Award,”as well as notable product awards from AlwaysOn, CRN, DTBA and more. Neo4j is the most popular graph database, according to DB-Engines, with over one million downloads and more than 60,000 downloads per month.
- Achieved 220 percent revenue growth YOY in Q3 2014.
- Over 50 Global 2000 companies use Neo4j to build mission critical applications
- Launched GraphAcademy, the world’s leading source for developer education on graph databases, training more than 15,000 developers through a variety of online, classroom and workshop programs within the last 12 months.
- Rapid growth in partner ecosystem.
- Our latest partners include some of the world’s largest technology services providers such as Wipro and Infosys
Thriving Community of Graph Enthusiasts
- The Neo4j community is the world’s large graph ecosystem comprised of hundreds of thousands of developers. Neo4j boasts more than 16,000 Meetup group members in 25 countries, comprising the largest grassroots network of graph database enthusiasts in the world.
- Over 100K downloads of its Graph Databases book, published by O’Reilly Media.
- A recent survey of Neo4j customers cited performance, ease of use, and productivity gains as key features of the technology. Survey highlights include:
- Nearly 70 percent of respondents indicated they selected Neo4j for performance. Nearly half cited ease of use.
- Over 2/3 of customers were able to deploy the technology in six months or less – a remarkable turnaround time for implementing enterprise applications.
- All respondents reported an increase of at least 100x in query time with Neo4j as compared to their legacy solution.
- 98 percent renewal rate amongst Global 2000 companies indicating high level of customer satisfaction.
Contact: Tanya Carlsson Kulesa Faul for Neo Technology (707) 529-6139 email@example.com