By Aileen Agricola | April 2, 2013
SAN MATEO, CA–(Marketwire – Apr 2, 2013) –
- Woozworld Inc. and Gamesys Ltd Tap Neo4j to Pwn Connected Data Challenges
- Neo Announces Two Gaming Webinars: ‘Graphs for Gaming’ on April 4 and May 29
- Scale to Millions of Users: Using a Google+ approach to their community, Woozworld looked to Neo4j when rolling out the social aspect of the website, that would scale with their growing number of users (around 6.5 million users).
- Roll Out Support for Social Capabilities: The Neo4j graph data model — coupled with Neo’s Cypher query language — make it possible to easily build extremely fast social data applications. Neo4j can return data thousands of times faster than a relational database, using queries that require one-tenth the amount of code.
- Gamesys Ltd., a leading gambling provider, leverages Neo4j to power high-value social features in its cash gaming portfolio. This includes tracking which players interact with whom and managing referral bonuses. According to Gamesys, Neo4j was selected from an extensive research and development exercise in which several competing APIs were evaluated. The real world experiences of Gamesys users are helping to shape the gaming graph and the future direction of this technology.
- Woozworld Inc. is a fast growing, kid-scale 2.0 virtual world for youth that allows them to socialize online and leverage their natural creativity in a virtual world. Woozworld looked to Neo4j to roll out the social aspect of its website in a way that would scale to its 6.5 million users. Neo4j proved to be the most appropriate choice to meet their large community base and number of real-time conversationsRegister to join Neo’s upcoming webinar: ‘Graphs for Gaming’ When: April 4 and May 29, 2013 at 8 a.m. PDT Graph Databases have many uses in many industries, but one of the most interesting is in Gaming, where graphs are gaining momentum. Games are perfect applications to benefit from graph-based queries, because of their speed and accuracy for quick, in-game recommendations. These recommendations make games more interesting for the users and more profitable for the game providers, developers and publishers. After all, the latter want to recommend specific games to specific target audiences, and thereby maximize their potential revenues.Supporting quotes “Our mission is to help the world make sense of data with graph databases. From the social graph, to the transaction graph, to the referral graph, to the master data graph, gaming organizations and others are adopting this technology to leverage their data in ways they never thought was possible. Neo4j is a perfect fit for the gaming industry because it ensures that users have an awesome experience.” — Emil Eifrem, CEO of Neo Technology”Using Neo4j allowed us to focus on the important parts of the project: getting the domain model right, extracting novel insights from the data and delivering business value quickly.” — Toby O’Rourke, Technical Architect, Gamesys