Like every year, the fall conference season is in full swing when we’re already preparing for the next batch of conferences in spring 2019.
We’re happy to announce that the graph processing and graph database developer room was accepted again for FOSDEM 2019. Like every year we expect a packed room for the whole day with fascinating sessions around many graph-related topics.
Check out all the details and dates here, including information about submissions: http://graphdevroom.org.
FOSDEM is an annual conference at the Université Libre de Bruxelles in Belgium and 100% gathering 8000+ free and open source enthusiasts from all over the world. It’s all about sharing ideas, meeting contributors, collaborating and – of course – Belgian beer. An important part of the conference are the very popular Developer Rooms (DevRooms), which are all-day sessions focused on a specific topic, e.g., graphs, free Java, data science, etc.
Next year, we are proud to host the 7th edition of the Graph DevRoom, again with the of Neo4j community and several partners from the graph ecosystem. The DevRoom will take place on Saturday, February 2, 2019 with a welcome at 10am and talks from 10:30am till 7pm.
We want to invite you, the graph community, to join the conference and the Graph DevRoom, as visitors but also as speakers. We will again give creators and maintainers of graph solutions, researchers, geeks and open source hackers the possibility of presenting their latest work to an attentive audience.
- Graph databases, RDF stores and specialized network databases
- Graph query languages (e.g. (open)Cypher, GQL, GraphQL or SPARQL) and user-friendly APIs (e.g. Gremlin)
- (Distributed) Graph processing / analytics frameworks
- Graph streaming and its applications
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence applications using graphs
- Natural language processing
- Semantic Graphs (RDF) / Knowledge Graphs
- (Large-scale) graph visualization
- Graphs and the Internet-of-Things
- Real-life application of graph processing including industry experience
Of course, other related topics are welcome.
If you want to give a talk or a demo of your or someone else’s graph project, please submit a short proposal by Dec 2, 2018.
Here are the important dates
- Submission deadline 02. Dec 2018
- Notification of accepted speakers 09. Dec 2018
- Schedule Publication 16. Dec 2018
- Devroom day (Room TBA) 02. Feb 2019
If you want to get an impression on how these talks might look like, check out our DevRoom from earlier this year.
And the best thing: The FOSDEM Conference is free to attend and always a great experience.
Can’t wait to see you there!
Michael for the Neo4j Team