When troubleshooting issues on Neo4j Streams, use the below list of must gather information points to help investigating.
Which Plugin/Module are you using?
- Neo4j Streams Source
- Neo4j Streams Sink
- Neo4j Streams Procedure
- Kafka Connect Sink. In case of using Sink, also provide the chosen data format (JSON or AVRO).
List of plugin configuration:
- If using Neo4j Streams then provide the list of properties used to configure sink into neo4j.conf file
- If using Kafka Connect then provide the *.json or the *.properties file used to create the plugin instance into the Kafka Connect framework
Apache Kafka Version
- Go to Apache Kafka or Confluent Platform (depending on which distribution you are using) installation folder and then into /bin folder. Run the following command and provide the output: ./kafka-configs.sh –version
Provide the Neo4j/Kafka Connect debug Log: If you are using the Neo4j plugin we need the
neo4j.logfile otherwise the Kafka Connect log file. The Kafka Connect log file is under the folder <kafka_connect_home>/logs/connectDistributed.out
- The configuration used to instantiate the Kafka Cluster configuration
(OPTIONAL) Kafka metrics
- Broker metrics
- Producer metrics
- Consumer metrics
- Zookeeper metrics
- By default metrics logs are under the server.log file
(OPTIONAL) Neo4j metrics
- The CSV file
Neo4j Streaming Data Integrations User Guide https://neo4j.com/docs/labs/neo4j-streams/current/
Neo4j metrics output facilities https://neo4j.com/docs/operations-manual/current/monitoring/metrics/ ”’
- Last Modified: 2020-09-23 21:26:58 UTC by Daniel Terlizzi.
- Relevant for Neo4j Versions: 3.5, 3.4.
- Relevant keywords troubleshooting.