For developers, it offers better, easier ways to write queries with more expressive Cypher syntax. The performance advantage over relational databases is extended through K-Hop query optimization and new and enhanced indexes. The Community Edition gets an upgraded runtime which accelerates queries by 30 percent. Support for Panda dataframes in the Python driver allows exported Neo4j result sets to integrate into common workflows for data scientists. There are many more new features like Autonomous Clustering and Fabric to scale out and deal with high throughput and very large graphs more efficiently.
You can learn all about Neo4j 5 during NODES 2022 next week in the following sessions:
- What’s New in Aura and Neo4j 5 for Developers
- Introduction to Neo4j 5 for Administrators
- Neo4j 5 Foundations for Scale
- Graph Pattern Matching
- Neo4j Ops Manager, Intro and Roadmap
- Index Changes in Neo4j 5
Register for free NODES 2022!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter our contest for a chance to win $500 by inviting your friends to NODES! Ask your network to use the registration link with your full name to enter. Create your link here.
FEATURED NODES SPEAKER: Rhys Evans
Rhys Evans is a principal engineer at the Financial Times, one of the world’s fastest media sites. After almost a decade as a front-end developer, he’s gradually turned to the dark side, spending most of his time building, optimizing, and – if he’s lucky – switching off bits of the Node.js stack. You can follow him on Twitter.
DATA MANAGEMENT: Graph ETL and Neo4j ETL Best PracticesWhat’s the best way to ingest and transform data for graph databases? Well, it depends… In this article, David Hughes, Principal Graph Consultant at Graphable, briefly surveys various methods and then focuses on using the graph insights platform GraphAware Hume for loading data into a graph database.
GRAPH EMBEDDINGS: How to Solve Bigger Problems at ScaleIn this blog, Scott M. Fulton interviews graph expert Tomaz Bratanic and others to explain how graph embedding’s dimensionality reduction enables lower-dimensional representations to retain meaningful properties of the original data.
WORKSHOP: Handling Neo4j Data With Apache Hop
NODES 2022: Anyone Can Learn Graph: Dr. Kateryna Nesvit
TWEET OF THE WEEK: @Eva_KlijnDon’t forget to retweet if you like it!
Monday I presented the paper "Aggregating Event Knowledge Graphs for Task Analysis" at the #PQMI2022 workshop. We view case and actor simultaneously which reveals how actors (1) together structure a case and (2) structure their own work across cases. #processmining#ICPM2022 pic.twitter.com/4WbB8gtPZq— Eva Klijn (@Eva_Klijn) October 26, 2022
… Of Special Interest
- 18MB of football data from Transfermarkt, 6 CSV files, 1.1M nodes including 800 clubs, 58k games and almost 50k players mapped and imported into Neo4j in 10 minutes without writing a single line of code. You can check out the Data Importer.
- Come see us at AWS re:Invent! We’ll be in Vegas from November 28 – December 2 hosting a booth and holding a session about Neo4j and Amazon SageMaker. Join us!
- Cypherhound is a Python app that contains 190+ Neo4j Cyphers for BloodHound data Check it out!
- Will Lyon shares the video from his NACIS 2022 talk – “Making Sense of Geospatial Data With Knowledge Graphs and Neo4j.” Watch it now.