Frequently Asked Questions
- Neo4j CMS is a fully managed, white-glove offering where database operations management is provided by Neo4j experts who have experience in managing some of the largest Neo4j deployments in the world. This service is designed for enterprise customers who want to customize their deployment model, security configuration, contractual terms and service levels to their specific needs. In this offering, Neo4j experts take care of customers database operations inside of a customer’s own data center or virtual private cloud (VPC).
- Neo4j Aura is a cloud database service that allows the user to instantly provision and connect with. It is offered as a cloud service on Neo4j managed cloud infrastructure. All service operations, such as setup, configuration, provisioning, storage and network setups, are fully automated within the service and the user has no access to these system controls.
- Secure authentication: All access is secured by your unique access credentials known only to you. Database access credentials are not stored by, nor accessible to Neo4j staff.
- End-to-end encryption: All network traffic is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS), as well as data-at-rest encryption using encrypted storage volumes.
- VPC isolation (Aura Enterprise only): The environment is fully isolated with dedicated cloud infrastructure to ensure privacy and security.
- Role-based access control (Aura Enterprise only): With custom roles and granular access permissions, even at a node level, you get fine-grained control to help meet your compliance and data governance requirements.