Release Date: 19 June 2014Neo4j 1.9.8 is a maintenance release for the Neo4j 1.9 series. This release addresses the following:
- Improves memory performance of transaction state handling.
- Enables HA cluster slaves (Neo4j Enterprise) to fall back to a full store copy from the cluster master, when starting up with excessively outdated state.
- Resolves an issue where a slave_only instance could attempt to become a cluster master (Neo4j Enterprise).
- Resolves a race condition that could occur during multiple cluster re-elections and result in erroneous election results (Neo4j Enterprise).
- Resolves an ‘illegal position’ error that occurred when accessing the persistent disk store.
Users of Neo4j 1.9 are recommended to upgrade to this release. Neo4j 1.9.8 does not require any store-level upgrades.
For a full summary of changes in this release, please review the CHANGES.TXT file contained within the distribution.
As part of the Neo4j 1.9 release series, multiple behaviors and features of Neo4j have been declared as deprecated, in order to help users prepare for the removal of these in Neo4j 2.0. A list of deprecations can be found in the Neo4j manual.