Release Date: 05/13/2013
The 1.9 release of Neo4j builds upon the previous 1.8 releases and brings extensive improvements in stability and performance. In addition, Neo4j 1.9 Enterprise introduces auto-clustering support, with dramatically simplified configuration and deployment for high demand production use.
- Support for auto-clustering in Neo4j Enterprise, which replaces the previous Zookeeper based HA clustering, provides a streamlined deployment process and is much safer and more resilient in failure scenarios.
- New neo4j-arbiter tool, which acts as a voting instance in a Neo4j cluster but does not keep a data store or handle transactions.
- Addition of string manipulation, timestamp and other functions to the Cypher query language.
- Improvements to memory utilization, which reduces working memory requirements and improves overall performance.
- New REST endpoints for inspecting cluster status information (master, slave, etc).
- Correction of several concurrency and performance issues.
- Improvements to Online Backup in Neo4j Enterprise, including auto-detection of full vs incremental backup based on existing content at the backup location.
- Updates to Neo4j server webadmin, including welcome pages for new users.