Release Date: 04/01/2015
Neo4j 2.1.8 is a maintenance release, with critical improvements.
Notably, this release:
- Resolves an issue that could result in lost index files due to a failure during constraint creation.
- Fixes an issue that affected re-created indexes, whereby they would occasionally be re-created in a state unable to accept writes.
- Resolves an issue in the batch inserter that could affect the sorting and consistency of labels in the resulting store.
- Corrects a reporting issue in consistency checking, where very long integer properties would be incorrectly identified as duplicates.
- Resolves an occasional failure during store copy (Neo4j Enterprise).
All Neo4j 2.x users are recommended to upgrade to this release. Upgrading to Neo4j 2.1, from Neo4j 1.9.x or Neo4j 2.0.x, requires a migration to the on-disk store and can not be reversed. Please ensure you have a valid backup before proceeding, then use on a test or staging server to understand any changed behaviors before going into production.
Neo4j 1.9 users may upgrade directly to this release, and are recommended to do so carefully. We strongly encourage verifying the syntax and validating all responses from your Cypher scripts, REST calls, and Java code before upgrading any production system. For information about upgrading from Neo4j 1.9, please see our Upgrading to Neo4j 2 FAQ.
For a full summary of changes in this release, please review the CHANGES.TXT file contained within the distribution.