Release Date: 03/24/2016
Neo4j 2.3.3 is a maintenance release with critical improvements.
- Various Cypher bug fixes and performance improvements. Notable fixes include:
- Reduce exponentially long planning times on very long patterns by constraining the solution space
- Fixed integer overflow error in
- Fixed planning issues with label cardinality when aliasing identifiers
- Fixed an issue where a cluster member would send traffic from the wrong address, in case multiple IPs were available
- Fixed an issue with incremental backups and invalid high ids
For the complete list of all changes, please see the changelog.
All Neo4j users are recommended to upgrade to this release. Upgrading to Neo4j 2.3 (from Neo4j 2.2 or earlier) requires a migration to the on-disk store and cannot be reversed. Please ensure you have a valid backup before proceeding.
Production users of Neo4j 2.1, or earlier, should note that there will be configuration changes required and that applications will need to be updated to support authentication of database requests. Please see our Upgrading to Neo4j 2.3 FAQ for further details.
(Note: Neo4j 1.9 users may also upgrade directly to this release and are recommended to do so carefully. We strongly encourage verifying the syntax and validating all responses from your Cypher scripts, REST calls and Java code before upgrading any production system. For information about upgrading from Neo4j 1.9, please see our Upgrading to Neo4j 2.3 FAQ.)