Release Date: 21 July 2016
Neo4j 3.1.0-M05 is a beta release offering early access to features which are under active development.
- Security improvements in Enterprise Edition
- Authorization through LDAP group to role mapping
- Added procedures for managing bolt sessions and transactions; graceful handling of termination of all own transactions
- Protects admins from deleting themselves, suspending themselves, or removing themselves from the admin role
- Terminate any active bolt sessions and transactions for a user who has been deleted, suspended or who has had their password changed
- Kernel improvements
- Allow relationship ids to be reused in Neo4j Enterprise Edition.
- Removed short lived locks on properties
- And many more Cypher, HA and Bolt improvements and fixes…
Detailed Changes and Docs
For the complete list of all changes, please see the changelog.
Look for Beta docs here
Using a Milestone
Milestone releases of Neo4j are provided under our User Experience Improvement Program (UXIP), intended for evaluation purposes only. Use of a milestone implies acceptance of the UXIP terms, which include allowing passive reporting about usage. Of course, we would also love to hear active feedback about your experience.
As beta software, milestones are not appropriate for production use. There is no supported upgrade path, and the features and APIs may change before being finalized (hopefully reflecting your feedback).