Release Date: 2 September 2016Neo4j 3.1.0-M08 is a beta release offering early access to features which are under active development.
(Enterprise Ed.) Security:
- Added procedures to create and delete roles
- Added support for secure LDAP (StartTLS, LDAPS)
- Added username logging to query log
- Extended procedure annotation to allow per-procedure permissions
- Added user management commands to neo4j-admin: list, create, delete and set-password
- Upgraded to using neo4j-driver 1.0.4
- Added user management frames (:server user list and :server user add)
- Added core edge overview to :sysinfo
- Numerous Cypher bug fixes and resolved issues
- neo4j-shell is deprecated; use cypher-shell instead
- cypher-shell has an option (–encryption) to choose between encrypted and unencrypted communication with the server
- Faster import tool due to ability to better utilize all available resources and higher I/O saturation
- The Bolt server has been significantly hardened to drop connections on any deviation from protocol
- In Bolt, included query timings in result metadata, specifically “time until result available” and “time until result consumed”
- In Bolt, added support for passing bookmarks on BEGIN and receiving them back on COMMIT
Detailed Changes and Docs
For the complete list of all changes, please see the changelog.
Look for Beta docs here
Using a Milestone
Milestone releases of Neo4j are provided under our User Experience Improvement Program (UXIP), intended for evaluation purposes only. Use of a milestone implies acceptance of the UXIP terms, which include allowing passive reporting about usage. Of course, we would also love to hear active feedback about your experience.
As beta software, milestones are not appropriate for production use. There is no supported upgrade path, and the features and APIs may change before being finalized (hopefully reflecting your feedback).