Release Date: 16 September 2016Neo4j 3.1.0-M09 is a beta release offering early access to features which are under active development.
(Enterprise Ed.) Security:
- Introduce custom caching for authorization and authentication info
- Expose cache expiration setting in neo4j.conf Support the ability for client applications to specify which authorizing realm to use when logging in #7877
- Introduced neo4j-admin dump and load commands. This can be used for offline backup or moving databases from one Neo4j instance to another.
- Introduced user-defined functions
- Introduced procedure dbms.functions which lists all functions
- Introduced procedures db.resampleIndex(index) and db.resampleOutdatedIndexes() to schedule resampling of indexes. A specific index is specified with a string in the form
db.awaitIndex(":Person(name)"), instead of by passing label and property as separate parameters
Detailed Changes and Docs
For the complete list of all changes, please see the changelog.
Look for Beta docs here
Using a Milestone
Milestone releases of Neo4j are provided under our User Experience Improvement Program (UXIP), intended for evaluation purposes only. Use of a milestone implies acceptance of the UXIP terms, which include allowing passive reporting about usage. Of course, we would also love to hear active feedback about your experience.
As beta software, milestones are not appropriate for production use. There is no supported upgrade path, and the features and APIs may change before being finalized (hopefully reflecting your feedback).