Release Date: 06/02/2017
Neo4j 3.1.5 is a maintenance release, with important improvements.
- Reverted fix to Selection cost due to performance regression
- Lowers batch size of input-reading stages in import
- List correct roles for dbms procedures
- Close statement acquired during getRelationshipTypeById call in StandardRelationshipActions
- Handle Single instance store with no transactions
For the complete list of all changes, please see the changelog.
When upgrading to Neo4j 3.1.5 from Neo4j 3.1.4, or other release, a clean shutdown is required or ensuring that absolutely no updates are made during the upgrade. Rolling upgrades from Neo4j 3.1.4, or other release, to Neo4j 3.1.5 are not supported unless you are able to guarantee read only operation during the whole course of your upgrade.
When upgrading to Neo4j 3.1 for the first time, be sure to read the current upgrade instructions in the Neo4j Operations Manual, as there are additional steps and considerations.
Neo4j 3.1 supports direct upgrades from all 2.x releases (recommended to be on latest patch). Pre-2.x users need to upgrade to 2.x before upgrading to 3.1.