Looking for a place to contribute to the Neo4j ecosystem? This is a great place to start. Here you’ll find guides from Neo4j’s community of contributors. Support → Finding Help Looking for support? There are a number of great resources… Learn More →
Looking for a place to contribute to the Neo4j ecosystem? This is a great place to start. Here you’ll find guides from Neo4j’s community of contributors.
Support → Finding Help
Looking for support? There are a number of great resources to get quick help from Neo4j’s community of graph database experts. Don’t hesitate to ask, when you’re stuck and looking for help.
|Please supply as much contextual information in your questions as possible. Only then community members can help you quickly and efficiently.|
- Neo4j version, library/driver name and versions, operating system, Java version
- programming language and version
- explanation of issue
- code and configuration used
- graph-structure (ascii art or graphics)
- any other helpful information
- application output
- log-files (
- exceptions with full stacktraces
Contribution → How and where to contribute
The Neo4j project is an Open Source effort to bring fast complex data storage and processing to life. Every form of help is highly appreciated by the community. Note that you can contribute to Neo4j also by providing documentation or giving feedback on the current documentation. Basically, at all the places where you can get help, there’s also room for contributions.
Tools → Tools for Developing Neo4j
We are happy users of the following tools, that we apply daily to develop Neo4j.
- IDE: IntelliJ Idea by JetBrains – Thank you so much for the OSS license! and Eclipse
- Build System: TeamCity by JetBrains – Thank you so much for the OSS license!
- Profiler: Yourkit, VisualVM, jvmtop, Java Mission Control, Flight Recorder
- Version Control: Git & GitHub
- Issue Management: Trello and GitHub issues
- Team Communication: Slack, Google Hangouts and Skype
- Pair Programming: Team Viewer, join.me
- Documents: Google Docs
- Manual, GraphGists, Presentations: AsciiDoctor
- Programming Language: Java, Build-Tool: Maven
- Libraries – JVM: Scala, Parboiled, Google Collections, JMH, Jetty, Jersey, Jackson, Apache Commons, JUnit
Ecosystem → Tools, Libraries and Drivers
Neo4j is supported by a rich ecosystem of libraries, tools, drivers and guides provided by partners, users and community contributors. We want to give an overview about what’s available and link to the original sources. We try to focus on the freely available solutions here, and provide links to commercial options were appropriate.
Read more about it in our Integrations Section.