Looking for a place to contribute to the Neo4j ecosystem? This is a great place to start. Here you will find guides from Neo4j’s community of contributors. Support → Finding Help Looking for support? There are a number of great… Read more →
Looking for a place to contribute to the Neo4j ecosystem? This is a great place to start. Here you will find guides from Neo4j’s community of contributors.
Support → Finding Help
Looking for support? There are a number of great resources to get quick help from Neo4j’s community of graph database experts. Don’t hesitate to ask when you’re stuck and looking for help.
The best place to go for anything you need is the Neo4j Online Community site. Here, you can ask questions, post or review blogs and other content, and share or check out all the projects used with Neo4j! We also have some other sites listed below where some answers may already exist.
What to Include in your Question
Please supply as much contextual information in your questions as possible. This will help community members provide the best solution quickly and efficiently.
- Neo4j version, library/driver name and versions, operating system, Java version
- programming language and version
- explanation of issue
- code and configuration used
- graph-structure (ascii art or graphics)
- any other helpful information, including steps taken before problem occurred
If appropriate, you can also include the following:
- application output
- exceptions with full stacktraces
Contribution → How and where to contribute
The Neo4j project is an open source effort to bring fast, complex data storage and processing to life. Every form of help is highly appreciated by the community. Note that you can contribute to Neo4j also by providing documentation or giving feedback on the current documentation. Basically, in all the places where you can get help, there is also room for contributions.
Tools → Tools for Developing Neo4j
We are happy users of the following tools that we use daily to develop Neo4j.
- IDE: IntelliJ Idea by JetBrains – Thank you so much for the OSS license! and Eclipse
- Build System: TeamCity by JetBrains – Thank you so much for the OSS license!
- Profiler: Yourkit, VisualVM, jvmtop, Java Mission Control, Flight Recorder
- Version Control: Git & GitHub
- Issue Management: Trello and GitHub issues
- Team Communication: Neo4j Community Site, Slack, Google Hangouts, and Skype
- Pair Programming: Team Viewer, join.me
- Documents: Google Docs
- Manual, GraphGists, Presentations: AsciiDoctor
- Programming Language: Java, Build-Tool – Maven
- Libraries – JVM: Scala, Parboiled, Google Collections, JMH, Jetty, Jersey, Jackson, Apache Commons, JUnit
Ecosystem → Tools, Libraries, and Drivers
Neo4j is supported by a rich ecosystem of libraries, tools, drivers and guides provided by partners, users and community contributors. We want to give an overview about what is available and link to the original sources. We try to focus on the freely available solutions here and provide links to commercial options were appropriate.
Read more about it in our Integrations Section.