Release Date: 04/13/2016
Neo4j 3.0.0-RC1 is a release candidate offering early access to features which are under active development.
- Mixed use of
CALLwithin Cypher statements.
- Revised namespace for some built-in Procedures.
- Neo4j Browser now includes Neo4j Sync, a companion cloud service for saving scripts and graph style sheets
- Significant modifications to configuration settings
- All logging is more uniform in format and configuration.
- Windows command-line and Powershell API have been simplified, introducing some incompatibility with previous versions.
For the complete list of all changes, please see the changelog.
Using a Release Candidate
Release candidates are like Milestone releases of Neo4j, which are provided under our User Experience Improvement Program (UXIP), intended for evaluation purposes only. Use of a release candidate implies acceptance of the UXIP terms, which include allowing passive reporting about usage. Of course, we would also love to hear active feedback about your experience.
As beta software, release candidates are not appropriate for production use. There is no supported upgrade path, and while the features and APIs have been finalized, changes may still occur to correct errors (hopefully reflecting your feedback).