These terms apply to your contribution of materials to a product or project owned or managed by Neo4j (“project”), and set out the intellectual property rights you grant to Neo4j Sweden AB (“Neo4j”) in the contributed materials. If this contribution is on behalf of a company, the term ‘you’ will also mean the company you identify below. If you agree to be bound by these terms, please confirm your agreement by e-mail to email@example.com. Include your full name, e-mail and attach a copy of this agreement.
1. The term ‘contribution’ means any source code, object code, patch, tool, sample, graphic, specification, manual, documentation, or any other material posted or submitted by you to a project.
2. With respect to any worldwide copyrights, or copyright applications and registrations, in your contribution:
- you hereby assign to Neo4j joint ownership, and to the extent that such assignment is or becomes invalid, ineffective or unenforceable, you hereby grant to Neo4j a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, no-charge, royalty-free, unrestricted license to exercise all rights under those copyrights, including enforcing the copyrights against alleged infringers on your behalf and Neo4j’s own behalf.
This includes, at Neo4j’s option, the right to sublicense these same rights to third parties through multiple levels of sublicensees or other licensing arrangements;
- you agree that you and Neo4j can do all things in relation to your contribution as if you or Neo4j were the sole owners, and if you or Neo4j makes a derivative work of your contribution, the one who makes thederivative work (or has it made) will be the sole owner of that derivative work;
- you agree that you will not assert any moral rights in your contribution against Neo4j, Neo4j licensees or transferees;\
- you agree that Neo4j may register a copyright in your contribution and exercise all ownership rights associated with it; and
- you agree that neither you or Neo4j has any duty to consult with, obtain the consent of, pay or render an accounting to the other for any use or distribution of your contribution.
3. With respect to any patents you own, or that you can license without payment to any third party, you hereby grant to Neo4j a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, no-charge, royalty-free license to:
- make, have made, use, sell, offer to sell, import, and otherwise transfer your contribution in whole or in part, alone or in combination with or included in any product, work or materials arising out of the project to which your contribution was submitted, and
- at Neo4j’s option, to sublicense these same rights to third parties through multiple levels of sublicensees or other licensing arrangements.
4. Except as set out above, you keep all right, title, and interest in your contribution. The rights that you grant to Neo4j under these terms are effective on the date you first submitted a contribution to Neo4j, even if your submission took place before the date you sign these terms. Any contribution Neo4j make available under any license will also be made available under a suitable FSF (Free Software Foundation) or OSI (Open Source Initiative) approved license.
5. With respect to your contribution, you represent that:
- it is an original work and that you can legally grant the rights set out in these terms;
- it does not to the best of your knowledge violate any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other intellectual property rights; and
- you are authorized to enter into this Contributor License Agreement on behalf of your company (if identified below).
6. These terms will be governed by the laws of the State of California and applicable U.S. Federal law. Any choice of law rules will not apply.
Neo4j Contributor License Agreement, v 2.0