Neo4j community members of all experience levels are encouraged to participate. This is a great opportunity to connect with and learn from hackers across the world.
Hackers will have four full weeks to work on their project submissions. One week before the live broadcast of Neo4j Online Developer Expo and Summit (NODES 2019), we will publish the projects and allow the global Neo4j community and Neo4j staff to vote on the winners.
To participate, you must first register yourself as an individual participant. More information will be provided to you via email in the next coming weeks. 🙂
Here’s what you need to know:
How to ParticipateHackers can participate in a number of ways:
- Hack as individual
- Form their own team with friends or colleagues (up to 4 people per team)
- Form a virtual team with Neo4j community members around the globe
The ThemeShhh… can’t tell you yet! The theme will be announced September 2nd.
The PrizesCommunity votes + Neo4j staff votes will determine the winning teams. Winners will be announced immediately after the NODES 2019 keynote (featuring Neo4j CEO, Emil Eifrem).
The top three winning teams receive:
- Flight, hotel, and tickets to GraphConnect 2020 in Times Square
- Free-registration during training day sessions (at GraphConnect 2020)
- Private-access to the invite-only Ecosystem Summit (at GraphConnect)
- Meet-and-greet with one (or more) of the Neo4j Executive Staff
- One-hour poster session in Developer Zone at GraphConnect to present the project
- Winners and project will be showcased on a Neo4j.com blog post
- Winners and project will be featured in our This Week in Neo4j newsletter
The TimelineFriday, August 30, 2019 – Registration Deadline Whether in a team or participating individually, all hackers must register themselves. If you select to form a team with Neo4j community members from around the globe, we will be in touch with you for more details.
Monday, September 2, 2019 – Hacking Begins!
GraphHack theme and rules will be announced to registered hackers.
Sunday, September 29, 2019 – Deadline for Project Submissions
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 – Community Voting Begins
Thursday, October 10, 2019 – Winners Announced
Winners will be publicly announced during NODES 2019!
Even as I am writing this blog post I’m getting more and more excited!! I can’t wait to see all of the cool projects and new friends that come from this!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org